Date/time: March 1. 10 a.m.
Location: Jocheon Gymnasium. 1176-1 Jocheon-ri, Jocheon-eup, Jeju City. 064-728-8541
Around 1,000 invited guests from organizations including the Korean Liberation Association will attend.
- Pledge of allegiance to the nation.
- Silent prayer to acknowledge deceased patriots.
- Introduction to proceedings by Kang Tae Sun, the last patriot survivor on Jeju.
- Reading of the Declaration of Independence.
- Speech by Jeju Governor Woo Keun Min.
- Independence Movement Day anthem.
- Salute to the nation led by the superintendent of the Jeju Special Self-Governing Provincial Office of Education.
Additional events: 8 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- Parade and reenactment of the March First Independence Movement (in 1919).
Route 1: from Sinchon Elementary School to Jocheon Manse Dongsan (Memorial to Korean resistance during the Japanese occupation) close to Hangil (Independence) Memorial Hall. Route 2: from Hamdeok Elementary School to the same destination. (Both parades will be held at the same time). 9:40 a.m. to 9:50 a.m.
- The paying of respects honoring patriots at the Jocheon Manse Dongsan memorial.
12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
- Meeting of members from Korean Liberation Association