The application deadline for the 2013 Jeju MBC International Peace Marathon, which is sponsored by Jeju MBC (Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation), has been extended until March 8.
Date: March 31.
Starting point: Hallim Sports Complex. 887-2 Hallim-ri, Hallim-eup, Jeju City. 064-728-8521.
Route: Hallim Sports Complex Ongpo Hyeopjae Beach Geumneung Shinchang Coastal Road Chagwido
- Full course (42.195 km): estimated time is six hours, fees 30,000 won. This course is restricted to adults over the age of 18.
- Half course (21.0975 km): estimated time is three hours, fees 30,000 won. Also restricted to adults over 18.
- 10 km course: estimated time is one hour and a half, for anyone over the age of 8. Fees are 20,000 won.
- 5 km course: Time is one hour and the course is open to all ages. Fees are 20,000 won for adults and 10,000 won for anyone born after Jan.1, 2001.
- 8 a.m. Assembly
- 8:10 a.m. Opening ceremony
- 8:40 a.m. Warm-up
- 8:50 a.m. Start of preparations
- 9 a.m. Start of full course and half course
- 9:05 a.m. Start of 10 km course
- 9:10 a.m. Start of 5 km course
- 4 p.m. Closing
Application: Open until 6 p.m., March. 8.
Download the application form at marathon.jejumbc.com/apply/apply_main.php (English form is also available) and email it to [email protected]
After confirming your application on marathon.jejumbc.com/apply/apply_confirm.php, credit money into Nonghyup Bank (account: 963-01-089651) or Cheju Bank, Ltd. (account:01-01-281202). The account holder’s name for both is Jeju Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation.
Inquiries: Tel. 064-748-9021, Fax. 064-740-2727,marathon.jejumbc.com, and email ([email protected])
On the day a free shuttle bus will run from Jeju Sports Complex in Jeju City (bus stop: in front of the vehicle registration office) to Hallim Sports Complex. From Jeju World Cup Stadium in Seogwipo City (bus stop: in front of E-mart) to Hallim Sports Complex.
The service time is from 6 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., and 12 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.